Safe conversion; LPGA safety guidelines – COP11 – makes the system safer than petrol.
- Autogas is as safe as all other usual fuels.
- Automatic stop of gas flow in case of damaged pipes or if engine is not running.
- Cylinder venting controls the gas tank pressure to prevent it from rupturing in case of vehicle fire.
- Fire and crash tests have been conducted proving the strength and reliability of tanks fitted with standard safety guidelines making the system safer than petrol.
- Autogas tanks undergo hydraulic pressure testing four times their normal pressure operation.
- The LPG tank, smartly designed minimizes significantly the chances of explosion in case of fire, with a safety valve releasing controlled amount of gas. It can endure enormous impact without deforming.