Bulk Tank Safety
Intergaz ensures that LPG storage tanks are positioned at an external ground-level location with appropriate and necessary equipment which satisfies the following requirements:
- Keeps safety distances as defined by governmental regulations.
- It is not close to or intercepts exiting doors.
- Has a solid and flat concrete ground base and is positioned away from dangerous areas.
- It is not adjacent to underground storage or ventilation units uncovered wells or underground drainage.
- The area between the building and the storage location of the tank is made from non-combustible materials.
- The storage location is protected with a non-flammable fence (with a lock), of at least two meters and keeps visible, legible and durable signage.
- There is adequate ventilation from at least 2 sides horizontally to the outdoors.
- Has independent earthing system.
Additionally to take care of your storage tank you should:
- Keep rubbish, ragweed, grass, wooden fences and any combustible materials away from the tank (keep a three meter radius from the LPG tank clean).
- Keep vehicles, electrical equipment, smoking and any other sources of ignition well away from the installation.
- Don’t do any alterations within a specified (by law) perimeter of the tank which may affect the safety of the installation. Contact Intergaz for advice.
- Let only Intergaz or anyone authorised by Intergaz have access onto the installation.
- Tank must be tested at least every 10 years.